Thy Saviors Name is BeerSmith 1.4

This is a review for BeerSmith 1.4. This review is in conjunction with other http://www.homebrewtalk.com/ members. A post will be put up on the site with this and all other brewing software reviews. Check it out.

I am a firm believer that people these days are too reliant on all that new fangled technology. What with there GPS, Facebooks, and intelligent phones. Normally I would shun any such thing. But then one day I stumbled across BeerSmith. To put it simply, it changed my brewing life


BeerSmith is a brewing journal, recipe book, and every form of calculator you could ever need for brewing all wrapped into one. My biggest issue with home brewing had been consistency. I could never take enough detailed notes therefore leading to a completely different brew when revisiting an old favorite recipe. With BeerSmith everything is right there in front of you. As you see below, you save all your recipes into the “My Recipes” folder for easy access in the future. I find the notes section at the bottom of each recipe to be a godsend.

Screen shot of recipe details (click for more detailed look)


I have been using BeerSmith for roughly 2 years now and there are still many parts of the software I haven’t even visited yet. Honestly there are parts to it that I will most likely never use. When you are building your recipes you will find almost any ingredient out there and the stats to go with it. In the shot above you can see the add buttons on the right.  If you find something missing you can most likely go to http://www.beersmith.com/ and download it. Also take a look at the left hand side of the screen. Each one of those Unit Conversion, Tools, and My Recipe options comes loaded with information. The options are almost limitless.

Once you have all your ingredients entered along with other pertinent information like batch size, beer style, etc, you can go click on “Print Preview Brewsheet” and the software will print out step by step directions for your brew day.
 Thank you wyzazz(click for more detailed look)

 Along with outstanding customer service, the software comes loaded with recipes. You can go to the website and find recipes for every style of beer you could want to brew. There are also user forums where you can post questions and get help from other more experienced home brewers. I have found these very useful in my brewing adventures.

There is really no way to tell just how beneficial BeerSmith can be and will be to your home brewing unless you give it a try. Do yourself a favor and visit http://www.beersmith.com/download-beersmith/ and give the 21 day free trial a try. For a mere $25 you can change the way you brew and improve the quality and consistency of each brew. You will be glad you purchased this amazing tool. I know I am.