GOTLANDSDRIKA

I have been spending a good amount of time with the guys from the soon to be open Tall Tales Brewing here on the lovely Eastern Shore of MD. They are some great and creative people. They have inspired me to take more risks and to go about things a little differently. So in that spirit I am going to brew up a batch of Gotlandsdrika this weekend.

History
“Gotlandsdrika is an ancient beverage, the original homebrew of Scandinavia. Its made with smoked barley malt, juniper branches, rye, wheat, and other fermentables. It comes from the island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea, hence its name.”

So this afternoon I will begin my hunt for some of the harder to find ingredients. I'm looking very forward to giving this a try. Pictures will accompany the brewing. Take care everyone. CHEERS!!